CORONAVIRUS: GHANA'S COVID-19 CASES JUMPS TO SIX AFTER FIRST TWO CASES CONFIRMED ON 12 MARCH

• All cases had no symptoms on arrival. Meanwhile all six patients are being treated and are in a stable condition at an isolation health facility.

• "This brings to a total of six confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, there are no deaths as at March 14, 2020. All the 6 cases were imported into Ghana," He said.

• Mr. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Ghana'a Information Minister, stated travellers from countries affected by the deadly coronavirus exceeding 200 persons will not be allowed in the Ghanaian jurisdiction.



According to Dr. Badu Sarkodie, the Director of Public Health at Ghana Health Service confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ghana has increased to 6.

Dr Badu Sarkodie, briefing the press on the current status of COVID-19 yesterday 15th March, 2020 at the Information Ministry,stated that four more cases has been confirmed.

First Two Case


The first case is male resident of Accra who had returned from a trip in Turkey on the 29th February, 2020 who developed symptoms 10 March.


The second case was a 60 year old Norwegian who had returned to the country on the 6th of March. He begun showing signs and symptoms on the 12th March.


Second Two case


Two more case was confirmed on the 13th of March 2020, Ashanti and Greater Accra Region respectively.


"The first is Ghanaian aged 56 who had returned from the United Kingdom on the 4th of March. He had been staying in the UK for 10 days and developed symptoms on 12th March and He later reported to a hospital in Obuasi," Dr. Sarkodie said.


The second case is also a Ghanaian female student who travelled to the United States of America, lived for few days and returned home on the 9th March only to develop symptoms on the 13th March.


The other two more cases


Is a 42-year-old Ghanaian male who had travelled Switzerland and the UK in the past 14days and had returned to the country on the 8th of March. His symptoms started on the 9th of March.


The second is a 41-year-old Ghanaian male. He reported to Tema General Hospital on the 14th March with fever and acute respiratory illness. He begun showing signs and symptoms on the 10th of March. He returned from Germany and Turkey.


All cases had no symptoms on arrival. Meanwhile all six patients are being treated and are in a stable condition at an isolation health facility.


"This brings to a total of six confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, there are no deaths as at March 14, 2020. All the 6 cases were imported into Ghana," He said.


Watch Dr. Badu Sarkodie


Also at the press briefing, Mr. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Ghana'a Information Minister, stated travellers from countries affected by the deadly coronavirus exceeding 200 persons will not be allowed in the Ghanaian jurisdiction. Airlines are instructed to not allow such persons in the Ghanaian jurisdiction,” he said.


He further stated Ghanaian citizens who has been to a country that has recorded at least 200 cases of COVID-19 will be allowed into the country.




Credit to Source: Wentitrel News

GHANAIAN COMMUNITY IN CHINA - WENZHOU CHAPTER

No. 143 South Yuquan Rd, Chashan Street, Ouhai District, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province

Email: info@gccwz.org

            gcc-wc@outlook.com

Phone: 0086-150-5753-1871

Certificate by Ghana Embassy: 

GCCWZ cert.jpg
Get Monthly Updates
Useful links:
GHANA GOVERNMENT MINISTRIES